Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


May 2, 2016

Critters & Creatures Linky Party 4

Good morning blogging friends!! Hope your week is off to a great start! We've had a rainy weekend here in the midwest, no idea what the weather will be like today, but I sure hope we'll get to see a little bit of sunshine today :-) 

 Time already for a new Critters and Creatures Linky Party! 
Thanks to everyone that joined in last month, it's always lots of fun to come see what creature or critter you are featuring! Be sure to scroll down to the end of this post to see if your entry was one of the top choices. 

As usual, the theme here is
Anything Goes
 with a Critter or Creature as the focal point!


I  colored up the cute stamp Prize Cupcake for my card today, using Zig clean color brush pens on Winsor & Newton watercolor marker pad.
The sentiment is from the set Sprinkles and Smiles, also from Penny Black. 

I used a clear wink of stella brush pen to add some sparkles to the cupcake and cherry. 
The sparkles can be seen below.  

As you can see the card has been kept pretty simple. I just matted the image onto designer paper, added a strip of matching paper and a scallop paper between the sentiment and image. Then I added some white twine and did machine sewing along the edges. A really old, but one of my favorite simple SU flowers was stamped right over the sentiment in a light lilac shade, and I have done the same thing on inside of the card.
Please excuse the marks you see on the white card stock on the inside of the card. I have a few smudges on my camera lens that I have no idea how to get rid off...I usually try to crop them off the card, but wasn't able to in this photo, because I didn't pay attention when I took the photo.

I have listed the card in my Etsy shop if you are not a card maker, but interested in handmade creations.
The card has been sold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now onto last month's top choices...as always it's so hard to narrow it down! But I did manage and here they are in no particular order:

Gail Lett
Digi Choosday, Week 15, Embossing, Polkadoodles
Janis in ID
 

Tanya Miller

Congratulations to the three of you!!
 Below is your Top Pick badge for your sidebars.
 
 
And now it's time to get crafting again using a critter or creature as your focal point.
You have until Sunday May 29th, 10am play along. 

A few things to remember:

Main focus must be a Critter or Creature
(animals, bugs, sea life, fantasy creatures..)
(can be stamped, digi, die, etc...)

Blog Post must include a link back here

Use any stamp company
Doesn't have to be a card, anything crafty works

Unlimited entries but they must be new posts (no back linking)

Combine with any other challenges


ETA 5/20/18:
To protect the privacy of those who entered this challenge, the linky tool has now been removed.

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that hedgehog and the cupcake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brenda said...

It's a very nicer design with the split elements Ellie, beautiful colouring of the PB cutie and as always I enjoy seeing your sewing elements.

B x

Janis said...

Oh, my goodness! Thank you so much for choosing my Bluebird Jar as one of your Top 3! I am honored to be able to display your badge on my blog. Congrats to the other picks, too....fabulous projects!!!

LOVE your sweet card soooooo much! That image is adorable and I love that stardust sentiment. Great touch putting the shimmer on the icing!! Your watercoloring is beautiful and I love how you stamped the flower over the sentiment on the inside. Great card!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Whisper said...

Oooo so delightful, i'm loving all the stitching too, Luv Sam x

Un Arcobaleno di Colori said...

Awww Ellie! Your card is amazing! Love the colour combo you've used, the polka dots on your paper and the hedgehog is just adorable!
Hugs and Smiles
Francesca

Linby said...

oh I LOVE it!!! So cute and beautiful colours.
Lynn x

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful card! Love the interesting layout!

Anonymous said...

Fab card, the hedgehog is soo sweet.
Thanks for choosing my art journal page as one of your Top 3 choices :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh My Goodness your wee hedgehog is sooo cute, Hazelx

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the fun challenge and inspiration. Found you through Paper Playful.

Planetsusie said...

That little hedgehog pulling his fairy cake (what we called them as children) on his trailer is wonderful. Thank you for this fun challenge. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

ike said...

A gorgeous card and such a cute little Hedgie :-D What a fabulous selection of card choices - they are lovely. Well done everyone. Hugz
IKE in Greece xxxxxxxxx