Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


May 9, 2016

Watercolor Brushstroke Flowers

Happy Monday!
Hope your week is off to a good start! A little chilly here this morning and it doesn't look like we're going to see the sun anytime soon, but I have plenty to do inside anyway, including cleaning my crafty mess I made over the last few days.

Today I am sharing a card I decided to make for Mother's Day. I mentioned in my last post that I have lost my crafting mojo, almost told my husband to get a store bought card for his mom. But then I remembered I still had some of the brushstroke stamps I hadn't used yet, and so I created this card.

I love how easy these stamps are to use.
I simply colored directly onto the stamp using distress markers (I used 2 shades of green and a brown for the leaves/stems and blue and purple for the flower petals), lightly misted the stamp with water and then stamped onto Canson Mixed Media card stock. After it dried I used a zig clean color brush pen to add some yellow shading around the stamped image. Again, I let it dry completely then used distress ink to stamp the script background onto the paper.
Sentiment is by Whimsy Stamps (Life's Moments). I used vellum again for my sentiment and this time I tore it instead of cutting it in a straight line for a different look. Machine sewing was done around the edges and I used some gold twine to finish it off. I felt like the card needed something else so I added some tiny punched out butterflies and some sticky pearls.


 The background stamp is the old French Script stamp from Stampin up and the brushstroke flower stamp is by Penny Black.

Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart - Always Anything Goes
Amusing - Anything Goes
Come and Get It  Card for a Woman
Crafting When We Can - Add Flowers (W2 of 2)
Quirky Crafts - April Showers Bring May Flowers


And that should be all for today.
Thank you so much for visiting!! I will be back again Wednesday with a new card.


12 comments:

Furrbster said...

Lost your mojo??? This card is brill - love all the texture!
Hugz Tinz

creationsnz said...

You obviously got it back again and produced a wonderful card. So glad you joined us at Come And Get It challenges, CarolG & DT

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors!!!!!!!!!!!

brenda said...

Just beautiful Ellie and how effective stamping onto the patterned papers, like the vellum sentiment strip as well, has doing the same yesterday as vellum seem quite popular at the moment.

B x

Donna said...

This card is stunning! Your mojo is back full force!

msmith434343 said...

Oh, it's lovely! So glad you didn't tell him to get a store-bought card :) It's so soft and pretty. I hope this gets your mojo back! Terrific job.

Leslie Miller said...

This is beautiful! I love the script in the background. I still have that stamp, too. Just gorgeous colors on this. Mojo made a comeback for this one. I hope it stays around a while for you!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is amazing Ellie - love the soft look the sprayed stamp gives, and the gorgeous wee butterflies and pearls finish the card beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn said...

Gosh! Golly! That card is gorgeous! Love the colors...thanks for sharing your techniques.

Amy Johnson said...

Well for someone who's lost their mojo, your sure created a beautiful card! Love it! It's been chilly here too. I didn't even garden yesterday, but I made another pillow for my Beauty Room.

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

This card is gorgeous! Love the coloring, layout and the beautiful flowers! Thanks for playing with us at Crafting When We Can!
Carolyn, DT

Lynda said...

wow very beautiful. Love the stitching and well all of it really lol Thankyou for joining us over at Brown Sugar for our 'Add flowers'challenge. Hope you come and join in again Lynda DT xx